Avocado and red pepper salad with beans is guaranteed to add a splash of colour to your table. It is quick to prepare, packed with goodness and makes a tasty accompaniment to a variety of dishes. Similar to feta salad with asparagus or winter salad this salad will be on your table in no time at all.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 medium sized red pepper
- Approximately 120g cooked cannellini beans, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- Approximately 1 dessertspoon fresh ginger, grated
- Dash of white wine vinegar
- Dash of fresh lemon juice
Avocado, red pepper and cannellini beans ready to prepare the salad.
How to make avocado and red pepper salad with beans
Peel and cut up the avocado and place in a bowl. Roughly chop the deseeded red pepper and add to the avocado. Add the drained and rinsed cannellini beans to the avocado and red pepper.
Grate the fresh ginger over the salad ingredients. You may wish to add either more or less ginger to suit your taste. Add a dash of white wine vinegar and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Stir gently to combine the ingredients, taking care not to break up the avocado or the beans.
Cover and chill until ready to eat. The salad can be made in advance and stored in the fridge. Any leftovers can be stored overnight in the fridge and eaten the next day.
Other salad recipes
Avocado and red pepper salad with beans
- 1 avocado
- 1 red pepper
- 120 g cooked cannellini beans drained
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 dessertspoon fresh ginger grated
- Peel and chop the avocado and place in a bowl.
- Deseed the pepper, roughly chop and add to the avocado.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans, pay dry and add to the avocado and pepper.
- Add the grated ginger, wine vinegar and lemon juice and stir gently taking care not to break up the beans.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.