Roast vegetable salad with quinoa is full of sunshine colours. It is quick to prepare, healthy and is suitable for vegans too.
- 2 medium sized sweet peppers, ideally different colours
- One medium sized courgette
- 1 small sweet potato
- A cupful of cooked quinoa (here I used a mixture of white quinoa, red quinoa and bulgur wheat)
- A dash of balsamic vinegar
Equipment needed to make roast vegetable salad with quinoa
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Roasting tin
- Bowl to mix the salad ingredients
- Large spoon
How to make roast vegetable salad with quinoa
Cut the peppers into pieces. Here I used a mixture of yellow and orange peppers, but red and green peppers, or any combination of different colours can be used.
Thinly slice the courgette. Peel and dice the sweet potato into cubes about 1 cm square.
Lightly roast the peppers, courgettes and sweet potato in olive oil until soft. Turn with a fork during the cooking time to ensure they are cooked evenly. Set aside to cool.
Simply mix the cooled roast vegetables with the quinoa. Add a dash of balsamic vinegar to taste and your salad is read to eat!
Serve the salad at room temperature. The salad can be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge, but remove from the fridge and bring to room temperature before serving.
- When I cook quinoa for one recipeI usually cook more than I need and save some portions of cooked quinoa in the fridge and/or freezer to save time on other days.
- Any quinoa salad which isn't eaten on the day it is prepared can be stored in the fridge for one to two days. I find that this salad is best when served at room temperature, rather than chilled, so I recommend it is taken out of the fridge a little while before eating.
- The ingredients in this salad are flexible. Other ingredients of you choice can easily be added or substituted.
- As this salad contains no animal products it is suitable for vegans too.
Roast vegetable salad makes an ideal accompaniment to summer vegetable quiche.
You may also like to try sweet peppers with stilton and quinoa, another quick to prepare dish which will also add a splash of colour to your table.
Roast vegetable salad with quinoa
- 2 sweet peppers
- 1 courgette
- 1 sweet potato small
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut the peppers into chunks, slice the courgette and peel and dice the sweet potato.
- Lightly roast the vegetables in olive oil until soft.
- Place the cooked quinoa in a serving bowl, add the roast vegetables and mix.
- Drizzle over a little balsamic vinegar and serve.