Coffee and pecan ice cream tastes every bit as good as any quality ice cream and can be made without an ice cream maker and without churning. This no churn coffee ice cream recipe can be prepared in very little time and does not require any special skills. And if your family and friends enjoy ice cream why not treat them also to stracciatella or chocolate ice cream both of which are just as easy to make?
- 700ml double cream
- 350g condensed milk
- 2 shots espresso
- 20g pecans to add to the ice cream plus a few extra to decorate
- About 3 tablespoons caramel sauce plus a little extra to decorate
How to make coffee and pecan ice cream
Place the cream in a large bowl and whip until it forms peaks.
Add the condensed milk and a double shot of espresso to the whipped cream and whisk again until the espresso ice cream mixture has thickened.
Break the pecans into small pieces, add to the other ingredients and stir in until they are evenly mixed.
Transfer the ice cream mixture into a container suitable for the freezer such as a plastic tub with a lid. Make a few troughs in the mixture with a spoon, drizzle caramel sauce into the troughs and then cover with the ice cream mixture. Drizzle the remaining caramel sauce evenly over the top.
Put the lid on the container and place in the freezer for around 6 hours or until frozen. This ice cream does not need to be churned whilst it is freezing.
Homemade ice cream made without an ice cream maker tends to set harder than many mass produced ice creams so I recommend it is taken out of the freezer around 15 minutes or so before you wish to serve it so that it softens enough to scoop.
Place scoops of ice cream in serving bowls. Sprinkle a few broken nuts over the top of the ice cream and add an extra drizzle of caramel sauce before serving.
Store your homemade coffee and pecan ice cream in the freezer and use within a week.
You may also like to try stracciatella ice cream, a creamy vanilla ice cream with the addition of chocolate strands.
Or you may wish to try white chocolate and raspberry mousse, an easy to make egg free mousse recipe.
Coffee and pecan ice cream
- Large bowl
- Hand whisk
- Container with lid suitable for the freezer
- 700 ml double cream
- 350 g condensed milk
- 2 shots espresso
- 22 g pecans
- 3 tablespoon caramel sauce
- Place the cream in a large bowl and whisk until it forms soft peaks.
- Add the condensed milk and espresso and whisk again until the mixture thickens.
- Break the pecans into small pieces, add to the other ingredients and mix.
- Transfer to a container suitable for the freezer. Form some troughs in the mixture and drizzle caramel sauce into the troughs. Drizzle the remainder over the top.
- Put the lid on the container and place in the freezer for about 6 hours or until frozen.
- Remove the tub from the freezer about 15 minutes before you wish to serve to allow the ice cream to soften.
- Scoop the ice cream into bowls. Sprinkle a few broken nuts over the top and add a drizzle of caramel sauce before serving.
- Store the ice cream in the freezer and eat within a week.